Of my past deployment done for my customers on V2 version of PSA, I saw an addiction to Chargeability view to modify the Quotation and get to the appropriate pricing.
In V3 PSA has gone away with Chargeability view. There is nothing to worry about as I am going to show how to accomplish the same in V3.
Let us take the following scenario to understand this better:
- I have prepared a Quotation for Rotary Club. They need CRM to be implemented. By default, the price list that gets tagged is that comes from the Opportunity that we create or the one that we tag while the Quotation.
Let’s check the price of a developer in the default price list in the below screen shot.
The default price that it shows is 1250/-.
- I built a quotation to the customer based on my default Sales Price list and below is how it looked.
The quote is for now 12500/- for 10 hours requirement gathering.
After submitting the quotation to the customer, they cam back with the request to reduce the pricing. Now how do we achieve this in V3 vs V2. In V2 we could do this via Chargeability view.
In V3 we will need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Quote.
- Click on “Project Price Lists” as shown in the below image:
- Click on Create Custom Pricing and PSA creates a custom price list for the quote where you can store the negotiated price like you used to do it in the Chargeability view.
- Open the price list by clicking on it. There you can navigate to Role Prices. Select the line which you want to update the price and click on the Edit button that comes up on the head of the grid. Then you can proceed to update the prices as per negotiation. Post the prices are updated click on the Activate button. The sequence is well shown in the image below, that makes the process pretty intuitive.
- Navigate back the Quote line and follow one more last step as mentioned below:
If you open the Quote line details to see if the prices have been updated, you will see that the prices are still the old. In Order to reflect the new updated roll prices, open the lineàRemove the Roll and re-enter the roll to fetch the updated price.
Updated Quote with updated price looks like below:
That’s it, you have achieved the functionality.