The new schedule board in Project Operations is much more powerful than before. Its performance is far more superior than the previous version of schedule board, in a way that:
- Loading the schedule board is much faster than before
- Tab switching is faster
- Dragging and dropping the work orders is much improved
- Rescheduling the bookings is much improved
Well, before we get into the new features of the URS (Which I will cover in my next blog), I would like to inform you guys about how to enable the new URS board in your Project Operations environment.
PN: The new URS at the moment is in preview mode and will be in GA in OCT’ 2021.
Please follow the steps to enable the new URS Board:
- Open the app in the designer mode as shown in the image below:
- When the App Designer is opened, click on the Site Map as shown below:
- On the right pane of the Site Map Settings, update the URL to “/main.aspx?pagetype=entitylist&etn=msdyn_scheduleboardsetting” as shown in the image below:
- Open the Project Service App now and navigate to Schedule Board, you will see a toggle button to open the new URS Board.
You are now ready to play around with the new URS Board.
PN: The above blog is w.r.t the best of the information tried and tested by myself. In case of any issues or discrepancies, do not hesitate to write back to me on email@example.com